Having the perfect cheekbone definition is a huge trend in the beauty community right now. The exciting thing about it is it’s more attainable than you think. With the right techniques and attitude, you can rock this look within minutes and take on your day.
There are many different ways to achieve this look. You can use a cream contour for a more daring and bold look, or you could go with a more natural route using powders to give more of an everyday look. Today we’re going to tell you how to do both, let’s start with our natural powder look.
First, we will want to start off with a freshly washed face and add a light moisturizer. It’s always important to lightly moisturize especially before a makeup application. Make sure to add your favorite foundation and set with a light translucent powder such as Laura Mercier's Translucent Powder. This will help the application of the makeup go more smoothly. After all, we want this to look at natural as possible.
The Everyday Look
Want to accentuate your cheekbone to make it look higher and more defined for everyday life? Follow these steps below
- Using a thick fluffy brush and add a bronzer about two shades darker than the color of your skin tone. You will need to apply this to the hollows of your cheeks to add a shadow. PRO TIP: for locating your hallows is to suck in your cheeks while applying, although it may look silly this does show precisely where the bronzer should be applied
- Now, using a slightly smaller fluffy brush, apply a shade three shades darker than your skin tone from the top of your ear towards the corner of your mouth. Make sure to stop when you line up with the middle of your eye. This is essentially carving out your natural cheekbone and defining the features. PRO TIP: It is important that you are light handed during the application because you can always add more. It’s a little bit of a hassle to be heavy-handed and have to start over when you apply too much.
- Next, let's highlight our shadows. Using your favorite highlighter, grab a medium-sized brush and take the highlight from the underneath of the eye up to the tip of your brow (almost in a C-shaped motion).
- Following that, let’s add some warmth to the face now. Using a light colored blush similar to Tarte’s Amazon Clay blush in the shade Sensual, add this to the apples of your cheeks. Lightly blending the blush, highlight, and bronzer together. A seamless gradient of color will create a more natural look.
- Lastly, the key to high checkbooks is to have the right colors in the right places. To further carve out those high cheekbones, go back in with the translucent powder with a flat medium brush to clean up any bronzer on the bottom of your face (if there is any). This not only makes the contour look cleaner but it also adds more depth to the cheekbones, making them appear higher.
Looking for something a little more daring, try this cream contour look.
It’s always important to have the correct pallet for your skin. Anastasia Beverly Hills has a cream contour kit in many different shades to fit most people's skin tone. You will be using a shade that's a little darker than your actual skin tone, but it’s imperative not to go too light or too dark. It will end up looking harsh.
- First, take a shade that is two shades lighter than your natural skin tone and apply this with a flat brush (for creams), on the center of the forehead and take it all the way down to the center/bridge of the nose.
- Apply a base that’s two shades darker than your natural skin tone under your cheekbones and your jawline, and also along with the side of the nose (besides the lighter cream we added earlier and the darker color lightly around the temples).
- Then with a damp beauty blender, take the sponge and blend the harsh lines with a dabbing/ rolling motion. PRO TIP: Never use a wiping motion with a beauty blender while blending. It will smudge and change where you strategically placed the different shades, changing the entire look.
- Now take a loose translucent powder with a large fluffy brush to set the contour.
- To complete the look, apply a light blush on the apples of your cheeks and add a highlight on the top of the cheekbones. You can do both of these things with a medium fluffy brush.
- Finally, set the entire face with setting spray. Urban Decay has a great 24 setting spray perfect for this long-lasting night look.
And there you go, two ways on how you can achieve those perfect high cheekbones for your everyday life and special events this season. Don’t forget to pair your contour with your favorite one dollar lash from our store. If you have any questions, reach out to us @dollareyelashclub 💘