If you’re a lover of lashes you’ve probably wondered at one time or another: Can I reuse my false eyelashes? Well, let us put your worries to rest: Yes, you can.
The real question is: How many times can you clean and reuse false lashes while still keeping your eyes safe? The answer is in the process. If you clean your lashes and store them properly, you can extend the longevity of your lashes from 1-2 uses to 3-4 (depending on how delicate you are with the lashes).
Cleaning Your False Eyelashes After Use
First and foremost, make sure you’re removing your lashes correctly. Before you touch your lashes make sure your hands are clean. Touching your false eyelashes with dirty hands is an easy way to guarantee an eye infection.
Let’s break down the process:
- Wash your hands. Make sure that you’ve rinsed enough to remove all of the soap residues. Remember, the eyes are sensitive and can be damaged by soap!
- Soak a cotton ball in coconut oil (or makeup remover) and move it across the line of the false eyelashes. Remember, the eyes are sensitive so try to avoid getting soap in your eye... it's not fun.
- Turn them over and repeat the process.
- Pick up your tweezers and gently remove any residual glue. It’s extremely important that you take your time. Only remove the extra glue. If you’re too heavy-handed you’re going to run the risk of damaging the lashes.
- Make sure you DO NOT get your lashes wet. You will destroy them, no matter what kind of lashes they are.
- Allow your lashes to air dry. Voila! Your lashes are ready to be put away until you need them next.
How to Store Your Lashes in Between Uses
Half the battle of keeping your lashes clean enough for reuse is storage. Make sure that you’ve removed any excess liquid before putting them back in the container. In most cases, you’re able to simply put the lashes back in the package they came in and hold the band's shape.
Whatever you decide to store your false eyelashes in, make sure they are in a closed container. Leaving them out on your bathroom counter helps the lashes collect dust and you guessed it… Leads to eye infections.
How Many Times Can You Reuse False Eyelashes?
When it comes to Dollar Eyelash Club, we recommend switching to a new pair of lashes a minimum of every week. We DO NOT recommend trying to stretch the life of the lashes. There is only so much that cleaning your false eyelashes can do after multiple wears. At the very least, make sure you changes your false eyelashes every week. Lucky for you, we’ve got a 4 for $4 dollars package so you can rock a fresh pair of falsies every week. Click here to view our lashes.
Long story short? You can clean and reuse your false eyelashes IF you’re willing to take the proper maintenance steps to clean and care for your falsies.