One of the only downsides of summer is the skin build-up that can occur from heat, sweat, and makeup. Luckily, there are dozens of exfoliation masks that you can make at home that will nourish your skin and refresh your pores. Better yet, all of these exfoliation masks are a great way to choose a natural, chemical-free solutions for your beauty routine. Most of the time that’s easier than researching products to see what’s safe!
Let’s get to it.
The Coffee Mask
Chances are, you have coffee in your cabinet. This mask is a favorite for many, simply because of the accessibility of coffee grounds. If you’re already an avid coffee drinker, you can just use the grounds leftover from the morning’s brew.
- ⅓ Cup Coffee Grounds
- A Couple of Tablespoons of Water
- In a small bowl, pour your coffee grounds.
- Add water tablespoon at a time until the coffee grounds become a moist but thick consistency.
Rice Flour and Green Tea Heaven
Green tea is known to have tons of health benefits and thus it’s no surprise that you would find it on our list of DIY exfoliation masks. Much like the other masks, this mixture will remove dead skin cells and revive your skin.
- Green Tea Bags
- One Tablespoon of Rice Flour
- Brew one half a cup of green tea with 1 full tea bag. Let steep for at least 15 minutes and allow it to cool. Once the mixture has cooled, mix in 1 tablespoon of rice flour.
- Apply to your face and scrub in circular directions. Let sit on your face for at least 15 minutes before rinsing off.
Simple Coconut Scrub
You already cook with it and put it in your hair… So why not bring coconut oil into your beauty regiment? Scrub away dead skin cells and deeply moisturize your skin.
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Raw Sugar
- Combine the coconut oil and sugar in a small bowl. Stir until ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Apply to skin and scrub in circular motions before rinsing with warm water.
You can even double or triple up on this recipe and seal it within a glass jar for up to 3 months. So if you find yourself with a little more than 5 minutes, you can prep your sugar scrub for the entire season.